Indian Blind and Para Judo Association (IBPJA) was formed in 2010 under the chairmanship of Shri Awanish Kumar Awasthi, I.A.S., in which 15 members from all over India were elected on different posts of the IBPJA.
The aims and objects of IBPJA are:-
- “Equality in Sports and Society is our motto.
- To encourage, promote and control the Blind and Deaf Judo amongst these players in our country.
- Create awareness of Para Judo sports in society and especially to Blind Deaf and physically challenged persons.
- To identify physically challenged Blind and Deaf Judo sports persons at the grass root level.
- To conduct sports meet for Blind and Deaf woman’s and men’s at International. National and state level under the banner of state and government of India recognized International Committee for disabled sports and able sports national bodies.
- To provide sports infrastructure and equipments to Blind. Deaf and physically challenged people.
- Guidance / Awareness for the employment of the Blind. Deaf and physically challenged sports persons.
- To co-ordinate with various social NGO for the welfare and social activities of the Blind, Deaf physically challenged people.
- Hold coaching camps, tournaments seminars and workshops for promotion for Deaf and Blind Judo in all over India.
- To recognize the para and blind judo in the state ministry of sports, and association will take responsibility of representative of para sports and games in all the National and other tournaments.
The IBPJA held its very first Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) at Hotel Gomti. Lucknow. IBPJA also organized its first major event in the form of a Pre-Paralympic refereeing Seminar at Lucknow in the month of 2012, where about 12 world level referees and 20 national referees participated and practiced with the blind judokas.
Presently, IBPJA is running its judo camps at Goa, Andhra Pradesh. Maharashtra , Kerela. Tamil Nadu. Madhya Pradesh, Delhi Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, with around a 100 blind judokas practicing in these states. In the month of November 2012 IBPJA will hold the National judo Championship at Lucknow.